Our business litigation cases are most often about money or control. We represent businesses and business owners in a diverse range of matters including directors’ and officers’ liability, contract disputes, employment matters, receiverships, and general business disputes.
- Represent fund that purchases commercial loans in multiple matters. This includes foreclosing on real and personal property in multiple states and pursuing and collecting deficiency judgments against guarantors.
- Represented national loan servicer in collection of 40 loans totaling more than $25 million owed by regional franchisee of quick-service chain restaurants. Litigated multiple disputes in Federal District and Bankruptcy Court. Negotiated and documented loan restructure resulting in payment in full for servicer and lenders.
- Represented seller of national sign company and related assets in arbitration against hedge fund buyer. Obtained substantial award in favor of our clients after a week-long arbitration in Dallas.
- Represented non-profit organization against former employee in dispute involving breach of employment agreement, breach of fiduciary duties, tortious interference, and misappropriation of trade secrets and confidential information.
- Represented corporation providing outpatient rehabilitation and physical therapy services in lawsuit against former employee, newly-formed competing company, and other individuals regarding breach of contract, tortious interference with contract and business relationships, and breach of fiduciary duty of loyalty. Obtained temporary restraining order against the breaching parties.
- Served as counsel for international supplier of cement, aggregates and concrete in connection with dispute with supplier for breach of contract and personal guaranty.