From small asset acquisitions for cash to large acquisitions involving complex financing, we guide clients through merger and acquisition transactions, joint ventures and strategic business combinations.
We are also sensitive to the special needs of developing businesses. We will work with entrepreneurs from their start-up through various stages of growth. We also regularly provide advice to management and directors, who face an increasingly complex governance environment. We help with best practices in corporate governance, identifying and managing risks, and understanding the current governance climate.
- Counsel to niche construction products manufacturer for purchasing a minority owner’s interest.
- Counsel to fitness, dance and swim center in forming business, structuring business, and purchasing real estate.
- Counsel to owners of IT company for purchase and sale of commercial real estate in SoBro.
- Counsel to Nashville tech start-up in angel and bridge financing rounds.
- Served as counsel for a dredge supplier with international operations to negotiate the sale of substantially all of the company’s assets.
- Served as outside general counsel for many companies, including real estate companies, medical practices, contractors, and professional service providers.
- Assisted many medical, legal, and architectural professionals with general business advice, as well as establishing legal entities, buying and selling assets, and real estate transactions.
- Provided ongoing counseling to commercial landlords and real estate management companies regarding leases and tenant disputes.
- Counseled owners of interests in corporations and limited liability companies regarding their governance and other rights in connection with possible conflicts among owners.